A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
4.18.2008
A post about a post...
It seems like I should come back to the blog world with some amazing post. But in reality, I have nothing to post about. Of course, I probably do have stuff to post about, but I can't think of anything really good to post about.
I was about to list what I could post about when I remembered that in grade 8 I wrote a speech about what I could write a speech about. It was quite witty if I do say so. I lost the competition to someone who wrote a speech about their dog. Lame.

Do I have any readers still? If I do, did you remember any speech topics you wrote about? I am dying to hear them.
posted by Hillary @ 2:17 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger Courtney said…

    I remember writing a speech in grade 9 about "Why reading is important". The teacher thought I did good, but my classmates thought it was lame. They didn't think it was necessary to read. They are the lame ones.

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger Lung Lover said…

    In college I took a speech class and somehow I ended up in a class with the golf management students. I was the only girl. And I did a speech on Joni Mitchell, and got an A.
    I made a big yellow taxi out of poster board.

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You definitely still have readers! I am racking my brain trying to remember the topic of my grade 9 speech.....cannot remember for the life of me. Hope you are doing well.
    Julie

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Leah said…

    i wrote a speech in grade 4 about Laura Ingalls Wilder. definitely my hero at that age. perhaps still my hero now...will have to think about that. i remember i wrote about when Almonzo asked Laura to marry him, and i wrote on my speech cards, "And she said YES!" wow, i must have thought i was so cool. i am the lame one here.

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    I can out-lame anyone on the speech writing topic. In grade 6, at my dad's suggestion, I wrote a speech on "People I know named John". I didn't win the competition, I also think someone who wrote about their dog won. I'm pretty sure that project was optional. I am glad I am not 12 anymore.

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey! Don't pretend now that you really wanted to win. By not winning you didn't have to go to the regional competition on a saturday and listen to all the other winners talk about their stupid dogs for hours did you? The topics I suggested were good enough to make a speech about.
    Mabey that should have been your topic,"My dad's lame speech suggestions"
    Dad

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Chryslyn said…

    I don't remember any formal speeches. I did once announce in front of EFREE that I was not wearing a shirt (don't ask but I WAS wearing a shirt) its these moments that really have kept my public speaking alive and well... :}

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Many years ago when I was in grade 8 I wrote what I thought was a fabulous speech, something about Africa. Alas, apparently it was lame and I was the only one that had anything good to say about it!

    Can't wait to hang out with you SOON. Love, mom

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger Jen L said…

    I wrote a speech about peace. I am such a hippy. What is it about you and your sister and speeches that involve lists. I think a speech about speeches is such a great idea.

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger L said…

    The only speech I can think of is one i wrote about homework... lame (but it might have been in french so maybe not so lame.... actually i think thats more lame... ugh im pathetic) but my friend maria wrote a speech about her driveway once and will drennan wrote one about big red combines... so there.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER