A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
3.15.2008
Whirlwind
These past two weeks have been somewhat of a whirlwind, I am engaged you know!

I just worked 8 days in a row, which makes for one tired girl. I was in training this week, in a course called Therapeutic Crisis Intervention. I loved what I learned. It is a course on learning how to deescalate children when they go into crisis situations. Everything made so much sense in the approach you take. Actually listening to them instead of giving them consequences for acting out, like throwing a banana on the floor and then telling them they have a time out (yes, I have done that.) Anyways, I am excited to practice what I learned and hope that the amount of stuff that happens on a shift will decrease since we can use this approach.

In wedding news, we have set a date, which I am VERY excited about. August 29th, 2008. We have booked the place and now we wait. Actually, we don't wait, we continue doing all the little things that need to be done. Even though both Michael and I keep saying 'all we care about is that our friends are there, there is good food and we have fun,' so maybe those little things don't matter so much.

Also, I am more than ecstatic with the fact that winter just might be over. We have had more snow than I care to discuss. I might forget what ground looks like and if I don't have to hold a shovel till next January, I would me more than pleased. I don't want to get my hopes up but I can feel spring in the air. Later today, Michael and I have plans to walk around downtown. We love doing this and haven't done it all winter, so I am quite excited about being outside.
posted by Hillary @ 9:29 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Erica said…

    sounds great Hill! The walking around and the prospect of spring, I mean. And, actually, the course you took. I hope it helps you and your co-workers.
    Enjoy your next few days off. I assume you have some days off now?
    Love you.

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    august 29th...i will be there! sounds fun hill and can't wait! love you.

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh what fun to be arranging your wedding AND learning useful stuff to help you at work.
    Looking forward to Aug 29!
    Love you, mom

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Jen L said…

    So Hillary I need your advice. What do you do with teens that escalate behaviour and won't talk to you even when you are willing to listen? Sounds like it was an awesome training session. Anyways, enjoy your months of engagement.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER