A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
12.06.2007
O Christmas Tree
Lindsey and I have been room mates for 3 and a bit years, and yet we have never had a Christmas tree before. This is because we were students and students always left weeks before Christmas. Not this year though. We are both here right up to the holiday, so we thought we would grace our house with a real tree.
We bought our tree from some guy who sets up shop in a parking lot and makes his whole year's wage in the month of December, and who wears lumberjack coats. You know the type.
It was only a kilometer walk, so we walked it home. Only a few people looked at us oddly. And we only laughed a little.

This is what we looked like carrying it. It is also the view from our living room window.
It is actually standing, and while it looks sort of Charlie Brownish, we love it. And we turned it so the front part is more full looking.
Ta Da. Decorated. But not completely, because I am waiting for a package to come in the mail with my ornaments from home.
posted by Hillary @ 8:10 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    o Hillary thats a nice tree. Good for you to carry it home, I was hoping you would do just that. Did your decorations arrive yet?
    Our tree looks pretty fine considering you girls took most of the decorations!
    Can wait to see you. Love mom

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hill, I mean CAN'T wait to see you. Silly me.

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    good thing your mom corrected her spelling there. might have been some bad blood over christmas. your tree looks great and i'm glad you walked it home! i can imagine how much you would have been laughing! i have 2 christmas trees in the house i live in and it feels very christmassy now! love you.

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    Hi Hill,
    Nice tree! It even looks straight, unlike ours.
    Excited to see you!
    Have a good weekend!
    Love you.

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Jen L said…

    I don't know if I will see you over Christmas at our annual greeting in the E free lobby on Christmas Eve. However, I hope that you have a GREAT Christmas. I love your tree. I don't have christmas tree but I am trying to paint a whole bunch of trees white for Grad in January. FUN!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER