A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
2.10.2008
Sunday
Most of my Sunday's follow the same pattern. And I like it that way.
I go to church in the morning, and on the way wonder if I will beat Michael to church, or will he beat me. After church we make eye contact with our friends Bobby and Melissa, and usually after making some sort of eating motion towards each other we decide where we will go to eat. Today was a little Mexican restaurant in Kensington Market. Yummy, even though I have washed my hands numerous times and they still smell like tacos.

Bobby and Melissa are the type of friends we don't need to impress. We talk about what ever we want and it is comfortable. We laugh a lot at each other and Bobby always makes a joke about a) Michael being an engineer or b) why we aren't married yet.
After lunch we part ways and Michael and I go for coffee. I try to keep him engaged for the longest amount of time possible, before I hear the words "I should go to school now." No matter how long we sit in the coffee shop, I never feel it is enough time.
I make my way home, where I change into comfy clothes and lie around blogging/facebooking and watching crappy Sunday night television. And that is my Sunday. Just how I like it.
What is the best part of your Sunday?
posted by Hillary @ 5:26 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It sounds like a good day to me, except I do my Internetting in the early mornings
    Love you
    Dad

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    It does sound good Hill! Thanks for phoning yesterday.
    Love you.

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well mostly I really enjoy my phone calls with my girls! Sure wish we could hang out from time to time on a Sunday afternoon, now that would be my absolute favourite! Love you, mom

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    your sundays sound like fun, and i like your friends bobby and melissa already! especially because his name is bobby. i usually like sundays. in my northern ireland home, i anticipate going to church to get some social interaction, and then am usually very relieved when it's all over and i can come back home. in my canada life, i usually enjoy a winter soup for lunch with the Fam, and a good dose of Lord's Day Shopping at the Bargain Bin with amy, mom, and deed. always enjoyable!

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahhh........Sunday........well, the sundays that the girls are with me usually start with me getting very irritated with Abbey because it takes her forever to get ready to go to church........then the highlight of my day is usually serving at the coffee/tea bar because it makes people so darn happy to drink in church!!! So that in turn makes me happy.........yup, it's quite the spiritual ministry I've got going on! And then lunch with friends sometimes, or just good old peace and quiet.....depends on how I am feeling.......okay, and some time with the boyfriend usually gets into the schedule!!! Okay, after writing all of this I am beginning to wonder what your question was in the first place! Oh well.......take it or leave it...

    julie

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Tear. We love lunches with you & Michael as well!

    Hope you got that Taco smell out of your jacket!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER