A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
1.31.2008
Catch Up
At this rate of absence, you would think I have knitted enough sweaters for a large family, when in fact, I haven't picked up the knitting needles since I wrote the last post.

My sister wrote a
great post on the recent books she has read. Before she posted this, I was going to do the same thing. But when I saw her comprehensive post with WAY more books than were going to be on my piddly list, I changed my mind. (For what it is worth, the two books I have recently enjoyed are "As for Me and My House" by Sinclair Ross and "The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz" by Mordecai Richler. Both Canadian and both enjoyable.

I went to the store yesterday and felt like an awkward teenager when I went to the cashier with these:Yes, this is what I bought. And also, I should mention that the first product actually works, and works well!
Here is the Before shot (which is really a photo of a new haircut I got a while back, so it isn't really new at all):And the After (I am opening a present at Christmas from Michael. I am wondering if I really like it**- final verdict- I love them): Perhaps it is only noticeable to me, but I think there is a difference. And, in case you were wondering, I really really like to wear white t shirts, as I see I am wearing white in both of these photos.

As for the white strips...any tips, stories, testimonials? I would love to hear them!


And for the finale of this great post, I will leave you with a picture of me in my finest. This pictures our relationship so well- me being crazy and Michael wondering what he has got himself into! (and yes, I am wearing white again- 3 different shirts, I promise)
**
posted by Hillary @ 3:25 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    crest white strips are for subtle changes. if you are expecting great changes, then you should just do it at your dentist. but they do work. they have a small dosage of peroxide in them and sometimes your teeth get a little sensitive. avoid coffee, tea, red wine.. anything that will stain your teeth during the whitening process. and remember, if you do drink those things on a regular basis, you never really see your results. thats all i know!

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    crest white strips feel weird and might make your gums hurt if you get the gel on them. i used them for a while but couldn't do the whole box because the peroxide was burning my gums - so be careful. i think they work a bit though.

    thanks for the post...and oddly enough I am wearing my ONLY white t-shirt while I read and type this...hmm, we must be sisters. and I like your haircut - i saw it on my camera!!!!

    dan didn't tell me you called, so maybe I will try you tomorrow, as in Friday.

    I am not writing more. bye, i love you.

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Jen L said…

    Don't really have a comment about your post. Just wanted to say "Hi". Keep us updated on the teeth whitening though. Thought about it but I don't know if I can give up coffee for a dazzling smile. Because if I do give up coffee there will be no smiling anyways.

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I mostly just wanted to say HI too! You and Mike make me smile and then sort of laugh! I love the post and am glad that you still find time to tell us about what you are up to. Your readers thank you!
    Lots of love, mom

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Blogger ~Nanc. said…

    Are those little things at the bottom of the post the earings that Mike bought you for Christmas?
    That pic of you guys is very funy and typical of what I saw of you guys too!

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger L said…

    hey hill!
    bout time you posted. love it by the way! very informative. i also like to wear white, its just nice. ive tried the white strips before and as usual couldn't remember to put them on everyday so i dont know if they work or not, plus it was a while ago. how are they going for you?

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Blogger Leah said…

    crest white strips do work, but they do feel funny. and make sure not to swallow the gel on the strips. not nice. they make subtle differences on your teeth, as much as a $20 teeth whitening system can (or however much they are). like this picture of you and mike. you're cute. love you lots.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER