| 3.21.2008 |
| Chocolate Bunny |
A memory just came to me as I was thinking about Easter. It has nothing to do with why we celebrate the season, and everything to do with chocolate. My dad loved hiding chocolates for us (at least I think he did). Mom would buy little trinkets and hide them as well. Then, on Easter Sunday Erica and I would look high and low for these things. One year my dad hid 24, yes 24!! kinder surprises. Erica and I were all looked out and then my dad told us to keep looking because there was more. Another year I asked to have mine hidden really really hard. And then I cried because Erica found her stuff and I could not find mine. Even with the warmer/colder game. Eventually my dad had to show it to me. How was I supposed to lift the TV stand and look under it? We were once at our friends house for Easter. The parents made us all go into a room and then they proceeded to hop through the halls trying to trick us into believing the Easter bunny had arrived. I am sure we believed them. There was also the days when Dad would try to convince us that we NEEDED to give him our easter bunny ears as part of Dad Tax. In fact, we paid a lot of Dad Tax in our childhood! I haven't had a chocolate Easter bunny in a lot of years. Perhaps I should buy one and then get someone to hide it so I can find it. Do you have any memories of of hunting for Chocolate?? |
posted by Hillary @ 5:22 PM  |
|
| 4 Comments: |
-
Thanks for your stories! In addition to hiding and finding our easter baskets. We also hid eggs, like the hard boiled ones we had painted the day before. Our parents would hide them first, and then the rest of the afternoon we kids would take turns hiding them. I remember it being so much fun!
-
I remember trying to collect Dad Tax, but I don't think I was succesfull very often. Love you and will see you soon Dad
-
i remember when uncle jake owned the Mcleod's store, he hid those big easter eggs all over the store for us to find. there were a whole ton of kids, i don't know who! yes, easter is definitely a time for chocolate! love you lots hill!
-
all of my easter chocolate memories are tied up in your stories! remember the year uncle jake bought us those huge chocolate bunnies from costo? dad probably taxed those ones the most! love you hill! happy easter!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
Thanks for your stories!
In addition to hiding and finding our easter baskets.
We also hid eggs, like the hard boiled ones we had painted the day before.
Our parents would hide them first, and then the rest of the afternoon we kids would take turns hiding them.
I remember it being so much fun!