A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
8.16.2007
The Days of my Life
I sometimes imagine my life as a novel.
Some chapters are more exciting than others, and at times, I have to wonder if certain chapters need to be included.
I received a letter in the mail from my cousins with a bunch of photos of me as a child (A lot of chapters in my life.)
All the way from being a baby (cute) to a 6 year old (cute) to a awkward, chubby teenager (not so cute.)Some made me smile, as I remembered the feeling I had when the photo was taken, and others I had no recollection of. Some made me shudder as I looked at myself. I actually looked like that?
Lets be real, I have a self esteem issue. I could say I HAD a self esteem issue, but I don't think it is completely gone.
I do think I look pretty good these days. I like myself and my body and who I have become. And I know that the days of mushroom cuts and tucked in shirts helped me become who I am.
I am thankful for the chapters that are over (childhood and adolescents) and looking forward to the chapters ahead.
And, I imagine that I will look back on my long lovely locks and nose piercing with the same disdain I have now when looking at my mushroom cut and tucked in shirts.
posted by Hillary @ 2:19 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    Amen!
    I have internet now, so my absences should be fewer now a days. Are you still bored? Because I think scanning photos and writing a blog should make you less bored.
    Love you. And I loved you when you had mushrooms cuts and tucked in shirts, too.

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    Those younger pics are the Hilary I remember... ah the days of elementary school and junior high. I look back and shudder with mine... those bangs! haha

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Hillary
    Love the pictures, from a baby to a babe!
    Have a good day, we'll talk soon.
    Love Mom

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't think that I'm brave enough to post pictures of myself as a junior higher. Why did our hair stylists allow us to leave the salon with those hair cuts? Why didn't anyone tell me that baggy plaid tucked in shirts were unatractive? Why???

     
  • At 7:23 AM, Blogger Chryslyn said…

    Hillary you have touched such an important topic.... Mushroom cuts. I think through the pain and tragedy of them we have come through a dark tunnel. Some cultures embrace pain to reach a higher plane of self-actualization. HAve we not done the same thing? haha
    Seriously the pictures growing up rock. Way to post and be so honest. I think you are fantastic through and through

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger shareen said…

    who didn't have an embarrassing haircut at some point in life? I used to have only my bangs permed. And seriously permed they were... oh, and the shoe rack? I got it at zellers.

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Leah said…

    love the pictures hill! thank goodness for growing up and getting some style! glad you could enjoy those pictures!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER