A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
8.03.2007
4 Things and a Question
I know it is time to write something new, but I am lacking motivation. I think I am not alone, as I scroll through my blog links, I see that most of us have taken some sort of hiatus from blogging. It is the summer, or is it facebook? I have to wonder.
I am quite excited about the upcoming days/months. Let me tell you why.
1) In a few days I am going to Wasaga beach with my friends Aindrea and Suzi. It is completely random/not planned, but we all wanted to get away. It is only for a day or two, but I am looking forward to swimming in a lake and being on a beach and with friends. And not working, which takes me to point number 2.
2) I got a contract position at my job. This means I will have full time hours till December. I am very excited about this. I like my job now, but I never know when I am going to be working, and when I am not going to be working, which generally means I am always taking shifts because I never know if I will get another, and lets be real, bills need to be paid. But come August 20, I will be guaranteed full time hours. Hooray!
3) I have tonight off. I have worked every Friday night for the past 5 weeks, and I am quite looking forward to not having to tonight.
4) I am going swim suit shopping today. I have not got a new swim suit in years. In fact, the one I wear right now has a see through bum and I wear swim shorts to cover it up. I think it is about time I find a new one. I am actually not really excited about this, because who likes shopping for swimsuits. I mean, does anyone like looking at their body in a mirror while wearing something that shows upper thigh?

One other thing. What have my readers been up to this summer? Do I still have readers? Any exciting tales that just need to be told? Or have you been sitting somewhere cool, trying to avoid the heat? Let me know what your summer has been like.
posted by Hillary @ 12:29 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Hillary, Never mind the upper thigh, just get the suit, put it on, and go for a swim! Much better than a 'see the butt' swimsuit! Have fun.

    Love
    Auntie S

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Chryslyn said…

    Good luck suit shopping. Show me some thigh....! Do you want any help? haha
    My summer is going well. Random trips around and working. Yesterday and today I am putting in 16 hours. Thats 4 shifts in two days... why do I do this to myself.... right money and I still like my job. I am going to call you this week.... I have some great stories!!! Yeah yeah

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    hey hill! i agree, bloggers have been taking a break in summer. oh well, let's enjoy the lazy hazy days of summer while we have them! congrats on getting a contract for your job! i'm sure that is a big relief to you! good luck "baby suit" shopping, i agree, not an exciting venture, but one that needs to be done! hope it goes well. love you tons! oh and i definitely think facebook is a big reason why people don't blog. stupid facebook. can't believe i joined it!

     
  • At 2:20 AM, Blogger ~Nanc. said…

    Hey mate... I just spent the afternoon swimsuit shopping too... and to no avail! Ahhh so frustrating!!
    It's funny though... last year living on the sunshine coast they coaxed me out of my one piece into board shorts and a sports bra... (I know, I know... so risque) but this summer after planting I was trying on full out bakinis... what is going on in my world???

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats Hill on the job! I am so happy for you! I am doing well, counting down the days until I leave (well not really...because I keep losing count). But I am leaving on Saturday!! Hope all is well with you!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER