This week I am helping out some friends by taking care of their kids while they are in the Dominican. I wish I was the one in the Dominican, but so far things are not that bad. I get to drive around town in a minivan. I get to wake up early to make 3 lunches for the kids to take to camp. I get to take them to soccer and baseball practices. And at bedtime I get to read them a story. Thankfully they are pretty self sufficient at the ages of 8,9,10 so I don't have to do that much. And they are at camp all day, so I can enjoy cable TV, free laundry and an air conditioned house. What about my job, you might ask? Well, I am a relief worker, and for some odd reason, I only have one shift this week. I suppose it is good for my friends, but not so good for my bank account. I hope I can have some funny mom stories at the end of the week. I will keep you posted. |
haha totally understand about the good for friends and not the bank account. The Calgary folk fest is this weekend so I am pumped about going...
I hope being a mom is fun!