A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
6.25.2007
Dear Diary
I used to keep a journal and would write it in EVERY single day. I kept it from grade 10 (1997) till 2004. The journal that is sitting by my bedside was started in December 2004 and the last entry in it was January 15, 2007. It is the only journal that has taken me 3 years to finish.
Perhaps I don't need to write as much as a used to.
My life changed a lot over those 7 years.
I survived high school, worked at summer camps, went to university, had crushes on boys, moved out of my parents house, went to Bible school, moved to Toronto, managed to live in a house with 15 people, experienced the 'urban' lifestyle, witnessed Canadian poverty and found someone I love.

My life has settled down in the past few years. I like that. And I am sure, if I really thought about it, I could find something to write about. It is not like my life is boring.
I can't wait till I am old (well, yes I can) and find the journals I wrote during my adolescence. To read over them and laugh at my own thoughts will be enjoyable and embarrassing.
posted by Hillary @ 6:29 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just checking in on you. nothing to say. love dad

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    you are like our Granny. i like that about you. journals are fun to look back on and read. i think they really show how we change through the months and years of our lives. love you!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER