A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
5.03.2007
Competition
I am always up for some friendly competition, but I HATE losing (does that make it unfriendly competition?). I can't stand being the loser.
Yesterday was a losing sort of day. Michael and I went out with our friend's Aindrea and Markus. We began with some mini golf, which turned competitive when DQ blizzards were put on the line. It was agreed that whoever lost would buy the other team blizzards. Boys against Girls. This was not the first time this bet has been placed, and last time the girls won. I knew it was off to a bad start when I got 6 on the first hole. Even though I was the only one to get a hole in one, it did not help us in kicking ass, and as much as I hate to admit it, the boys did not have to pay for the ice cream.

We tried to redeem ourselves with another competition- bowling. This time Tim and Suzi joined us as well. I won't go into the details, but lets just say that the boys practically doubled our score. I would like to make up some sort of story as to why we sucked so much, but I have no excuse, and you can't even cheat at bowling because the computer keeps score. So, yet again, the boys got free drinks.
I offered the boys one more competition, only because I needed to win at something, but they refused to have a bake off. I know why too- they hate losing as much as I do.
posted by Hillary @ 10:37 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You never hear a winner say "Its only a game". Congrats on the job
    I'll talk to you soon
    Love Dad

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Chryslyn said…

    Sometimes when you are down you are down. Don't worry your luck will come around and Mike will pay up... haha

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER