A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
4.16.2007
Who is Mrs. Mary anyways?
What happens when two people have no desire to do work? They reminisce about better days.

Mrs. Mary had a steamboat, the steamboat had a bell,
Mrs. Mary went to heaven, the steamboat went to
Hello operator, and give me number nine, and if you disconnect me, I'll kick you from
Behind the grand piano, there was a piece of glass, Mrs. Mary sat upon it, and hurt her little Ask me no more questions, tell me no more lies, the girls are in the bathroom, doing up theirFlies are in the city, Bees are in the park, Mrs. Mary and her boyfriend are kissing in the dark Is like a movie, a movie's like a show, a show is like a TV set and that is all I know I know my Ma, I know I know my Pa, I know I know my sister and her 18 foot wide
BRA BRA BRA!

I especially liked this song, because it was like I was swearing, but I really wasn't. I was such a rebel.

That reminds me of the saying "I grew up on a pirate ship and all my friends are apples." But you need to say it with your fingers holding your mouth open at the sides. So, it comes out like this "I grew up on a pile of shit and all my friends are assholes."

Any other shenanigans we kids used to try to pull off in order to say bad words without actually saying them?
posted by Hillary @ 9:06 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So here I sit laughing myself silly because I cannot seem to hold my mouth open and say "I grew up on a pirate ship......." AND I AM TRYING! Thanks for the laugh in an otherwise not so funny day!!

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Chryslyn said…

    Nice new picture. You're so cute. I have no other fun songs but I will enjoy the one you posted! Thanks

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger sarah tiede said…

    hi darling...such a cute picture. it adds to the reminiscing of the childhood poems. i obviously wasn't as rebellious as you, because i had no idea that last verse existed.

    oh, and another fun one is to get a two-year old to say "fire-truck"...or "fudruckers". steph was awesome at it ;)

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    hooray for Miss Mary! that was good times. reminds me of all of those other poems and songs the Brubacher's always sang.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER