A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
4.14.2007
Joining In and Dressing Up
I joined facebook.
I lost the bet between Michael and me. He said I would join before the end of April. I did.
I am not sure how I feel about facebook. I mean, it is cool to see where people are, but what are you supposed to do once you join? And, sometimes, when you haven't talked to someone in years, it is awfully hard to start talking to them. Where do you start? What do you say?
Sometimes I think about the first things I say to people when I meet them. I might refer to the fact that I am a student, or that I am going to be a Child and Youth Worker, or that I am with_____(insert name of person I am in the company of), or perhaps I might tell them of something I have done in the past. All of these things don't really tell someone WHO I am, but more WHAT I am. How often do I let them see who I am?

Side note: We have new upstairs neighbours. They have kids (who cry) and I believe that right this moment they are playing dress up and stomping around in their mom's heels. Fun for them, not so fun for me!
posted by Hillary @ 8:23 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    for me too, it was only a matter of time.
    now we can be friends on facebook, and in real life too!
    i hope the dressing up only lasts as long as you can stand it!

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    dressing up used to be fun. actually, dressing up is always fun. but only when we are doing the dressing up. as for facebook, i joined too but i have now de-joined b/c i didn't really get what i was supposed to do on it. i thought it was a waste of my time. i already keep in touch with who i want to, i don't need the pressure of re-discovering random people and having to email with them. so i hope you actually enjoy facebook.

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, I think I'm getting old.........I have never heard of "facebook", so please clue me in. I am guessing you search for past classmates, etc.????? Sorry if it embarrasses you that your cousin is so clueless.......

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Hillary said…

    Julie,
    You are not missing out on much. It is a networking site, where you can connect to people that you met from a long time ago.
    And I am not embarrassed at all!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER