| 4.23.2007 |
| Mumble Jumble |
| Today I had an interview. I did not want the job, but I decided to go for the 'experience', whatever that means. I was prepared, or so I thought, but when they started asking me questions, my words got all jumbled. I knew I wasn't being specific enough, but could not find the words I was looking for, nor did I really know what I was supposed to say. I hate that. But, like I said, I don't want the job anyway. It is part time (1 1/2 hours every day) and for me, would involve about 1 1/2 hour travel each way. Who in their right mind would want that? So, I doubt they will offer it to me, but I am not going to take it. Here is to better and bigger jobs...the search is on. |
posted by Hillary @ 7:40 PM  |
|
| 3 Comments: |
-
I can relate....I too had an interview today. They are very stressful, yet as you say are good "experience". Think how much more prepared you will be for the next one (which, of course, will be for a much better job that you actually want!!!)Now quickly write down all the questions that they asked that you can remember and then practice the answers.....often you will get the same kinds of questions again (okay, you do in the education world anyways...) And I know this blog is supposed to be about you.....BUT I did get my job back for next year (and on a permanent contract actually). Good luck to you.....the right thing will come along! Love ya!
-
I hate interviews. I hate having to sell myself and trying to remember real life examples where I displayed this or that. But way to go for going to it anyways to get the experience. practice makes perfect so now you will deifinitely be prepared for the job you want and you will be able to just blow them out of the water! Good Luck Hill!
-
i can just imagine you at an interview! i wish i could interview you for a job - it would be so fun! you would be the most interesting and funny person i've ever seen. i'd totally hire you. love you.
ps. i love your profile picture. maybe i already told you that? i miss those summers at the beach...
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
I can relate....I too had an interview today. They are very stressful, yet as you say are good "experience". Think how much more prepared you will be for the next one (which, of course, will be for a much better job that you actually want!!!)Now quickly write down all the questions that they asked that you can remember and then practice the answers.....often you will get the same kinds of questions again (okay, you do in the education world anyways...) And I know this blog is supposed to be about you.....BUT I did get my job back for next year (and on a permanent contract actually). Good luck to you.....the right thing will come along! Love ya!