A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
7.06.2007
Beauty and the Beast
Our balcony seems to be a great place to grow flowers. Our tomato plants are in bloom and the flowers look great.
To our great annoyance, our balcony also seems to be a great place for two pigeons, who leave their marks every night, not only with their poop, but with their annoying cooing.
Banging on the window does nothing, yelling does nothing and even going on the balcony when they are there just makes them leave for the time we stand out there. At least they are not making a nest.
If you know anything about me, I HATE pigeons. I slow down to walk past them, in case they should decide to fly at that same instant. I duck when they fly overhead and will grab the person closet to me when a pigeon is near.
Why have they decided our balcony is a good choice to live? Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?



posted by Hillary @ 11:37 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    oh man, that is nasty about those pigeons. You have lovely flowers though. You could put some spikes up so they can't land, of put a fake owl or something. I heard that works too. You could squirt them with water, or put shiney things up. Like cd's, tin foil... I don't know if these are old wives tales, but maybe they work!

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    poison

    (didn't inherit my parents' love of birds....)

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Blogger abbott said…

    i am with courtney on the owl thing. My mom says I should get one for my balcony too, but i don't want to have to look at an owl....

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A scarecrow! Or scarepigeon. Then they'll think you're always outside on the balcony.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER