A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
6.30.2007
Bake Me a Cake
I realize that it is summer, and the thought of turning on an oven makes most want to faint, but IF there comes a day when the thought is bearable, here is a recipe for a yummy afternoon snack.

Apple Coffee Cake

5 1/2 TBSP Butter/Margarine
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Egg

1 Cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 Milk

For Topping:
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 Apple (peeled and sliced)

Cream together butter, sugar and egg. Add flour, baking powder, salt and milk to butter mixture. Mix all together.
Add 1/2 the batter to 9X9 baking dish. Lay apple slices on batter and sprinkle with some of the sugar cinnamon mixture. Add the rest of the batter and put the remaining sugar mixture on top.
Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes.

Enjoy!
posted by Hillary @ 12:20 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Chryslyn said…

    That sounds heavenly. I definitley will have to bake myself a cake!!
    I hope you have a great long weekend... Take care!

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes please I'd love a piece of that cake! I should bake a cake but its hot here and therefore I won't.
    We had a lot of fun last weekend but we missed you. Love mom

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER