A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
2.08.2007
Reflections
I had an evaluation yesterday at my placement. My placement supervisor and my professor were both there. They had such nice words for me. I think the nicest thing they said was "the way you are with children can not be taught to people, it is just something that is in you." This brings me to a place of humility. I may be good at what I do, but I never would have thought that I would do what I do. Working with seriously damaged children is not something that most people would sign up for, and to have that affirmation through others is something that speaks of God's purposes for me. It is very cool to be in a place where you know you were made for the things you have to do. I can't explain why I am good at it, and at times when I am surrounded by complete chaos I know that the calmness I reflect is not of myself. I am happy to be in a place where I can be used and challenged and able to reflect greater things through what is in me.
posted by Hillary @ 3:04 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have yet to figure out what purpose I was made for... Hopefully it comes along one of thse days..

    I like the new look of your page, by the way. Reminds me of how much you like apples. In fact I have a picture of you, Christy, Kathleen and Courtney in front of the Coke machine at LCI. You have a mouthful of apple. It makes me giggle. Take good care!

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger abbott said…

    that's really awesome hillary!!

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    a new layout...hmmm...I like it!

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Chryslyn said…

    I LOVE the new layout as well! I love apples. And I love my Hillary! Thanks for the post.

     
  • At 11:22 PM, Blogger Jen L said…

    I think that there is nothing quite as beautiful as someone doing the things that they are designed to do. So keep on being beautiful Hillary and next time we are both in Lethbridge I would LOVE to hear more about your purpose. It sounds intriguing and maybe you can give me a few pointers on how to deal with damaged children. There are so many damaged souls around.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER