| 1.14.2007 |
| Easily Amused |
| I find myself captivated by a television show on the French Channel. I do not understand French, and I don't understand the show, but I can not flip away. I must watch. It is a game show (I think). With two teams, boys and girls. The host says something, the teams buzz in and then they burst into song (sometimes Britney Spears and sometimes songs in French). Pretending to hold microphones and dancing. The audience goes wild and then, just as abruptly as they start singing, they stop. The audience sits down and the host says something. Again, the team that buzzes in bursts into song. The audience goes wild. They dance and sing. And that is the show. Why do they have to sing? Do they know the song, or are they making it up? Why does the audience cheer so much? How are points kept? And why do I find myself watching it? These are questions I ask myself every time I watch it, and I am embarrassed to say that I have watched all 30 minutes, trying to figure out what the point is. |
posted by Hillary @ 8:46 PM  |
|
| 2 Comments: |
-
I've seen that show! I think it's called "La Fuhreur" (spelling?). As far as I can recall it's like a musical trivia game show. At random intervals they'll start the music and the team will sing along and then the music will cut out. The team is expected to keep singing until the music cuts back in. If the singing is still in sync with the music you get points. But yes! Very entertaining.
(By the way, since we were talking about it around Christmastime, I have now got a link to my blog-age, so that I can torment you all with my random thoughts.. Mwahahaha!)
-
this seems fun! i can understand your infatuation with a show you can't understand.
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
I've seen that show! I think it's called "La Fuhreur" (spelling?). As far as I can recall it's like a musical trivia game show. At random intervals they'll start the music and the team will sing along and then the music will cut out. The team is expected to keep singing until the music cuts back in. If the singing is still in sync with the music you get points. But yes! Very entertaining.
(By the way, since we were talking about it around Christmastime, I have now got a link to my blog-age, so that I can torment you all with my random thoughts.. Mwahahaha!)