A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
12.03.2006
Decorations
Normally we do not put up decorations in our apartment for Christmas. All of us leave as soon as exams are over, so what is the point? But this year, we decided it would be fun to put some things up. The first in an advent calendar, which I made a few years ago. I am counting the days till I go home, not till Christmas day, in case you were wondering why there were so many up already. We were going to buy a Christmas tree of some sort, but upon further investigation, we realized that there wasn't really anything that appeared worth our money, so we opted for a poinsettia instead. And we wrapped our door to look like a giant present. Sort of lame, but I think it looks nice. That is the extent of our decorating. I am looking forward to a time in my life when I will actually decorate it, with a tree and lights and stuff that I probably don't need, but will have because it looks nice.



posted by Hillary @ 6:10 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    put the star on top and pretend i was there
    dad

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    that's great Hill! I am also looking forward to the time when decorating the house will matter more. Can't wait to see you! (And then we will re-arrange the tree ornaments.)
    Love you.

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    Hey!
    is that the same kind of advent calendar that you and erica had years ago when we were kids? it looks so familiar! i haven't done much decorating this year myself because of our renovations. the tree would just get all dusty. we'll wait until next year.

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    love the festive door! can't wait to see you at New Years.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER