A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
11.08.2006
Breakfast
I tend to get stuck in a rut with breakfast foods. Every morning for the past 6 months (or more) I have eaten toast with peanut butter and jam. I am not even joking that it has been that long- maybe even longer. This week I have decided to switch it up and for the past 3 days I have eaten oatmeal. I miss having toast, but will continue with oatmeal for a little longer. Am I the only one who gets stuck in breakfast ruts? Is there some amazing food that I am missing out on? And don't tell me cereal, because I will be hungry by 9:00am if I have a bowl of cereal...it just doesn't do it for me, even though I do love it. (Cranberry Almond Crunch is where it is at.) So, readers, a question for you- What do you eat for breakfast?
posted by Hillary @ 8:20 PM  
11 Comments:
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Courtney said…

    Hey Hill,

    I sometimes like to eat some homemade egg mcmuffins. I toast the english muffins, microwave an egg for about 35 sec in the microwave, add cheese and some lunch meat. Its pretty good, and I stay full for a while yet too. Thats what I like when I'm in a breakfast rut!

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger abbott said…

    no hill, you are not alone. I think I have had eggs and toast for breakfast almost everyday since I started working at Haworth a year and a half ago. How's that for a rut! But what can I say, I like eggs and brown toast :-)

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    it's true, everyone has a breakfast rut. I have been eating cheerios for breakfast since I started school this semester. Sometimes I'll mix it up and have toast with peanut butter (and banana if I have any) and some yogurt, but I hate the toaster we have since you have to hold down the handle so the bread will actually toast, and I find that time consuming. I think everyday at Briercrest I had toast with peanut butter and some yogurt. Variety is hard in the morning. Maybe for every season of life there is a breakfast you have. I wonder what I'll have when I'm a wife? Who am I kidding? Probably cereal!

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Hillary said…

    Erica, you are going to end up going to the chicken koop and getting eggs and then slaughtering a pig for some bacon..and that is what you will have for breakfast when you are a wife!

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Girls, Granny hated breakfast because she was always in a rut.. like her whole life! Boppa was so happy with toast, but she wasn't. So you aren't alone in any sense, we all seem to have the problem. You just can't beat toast and peanut butter with jam. Love you, mom

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Lung Lover said…

    I have just been on this naturopathic diet for the past 30 days... so I was eating rice puffs (not rice krispies, they are full of sugar) with rice milk (vanilla flavored) for the past month. Oh sure, I mixed it up once in a while with rice bread, with almond butter, but mostly it was the rice puffs. Man am I glad that's over. Now I still mostly just have toast, but at least if I wanted to I could have something else.

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, I am a toast girl....currently with Cheez Whiz or Harvarti cheese. Oh, and it's gotta be good bread - Superstore Canadian Harvest is my fave. At the beginning of the school year at a staff meeting, we had to do this dumb activity where we lined up in alphabetical order according to our favorite food. Everybody looked at me like I was crackers when I said mine was "toast". But truly, if there were only one thing left on earth to eat, I would wish it to be toast (with real butter of course....)

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    you sure can't beat a bagel with cream cheese. i think of you all the time when i eat a B with CC, Hills, because i remember how much you loved them. maybe you still do?

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger ~Nanc. said…

    What a great discussion question!

    I've deffinitely been in the toast and pb and honey rut for a while. It's accentuated by the fact that b-fast usually ends up being the only meal I eat at my house... so really that's the only groceries I have to buy... and I make my own bread in a bread maker I found on the side of the road... so yeah... groceries don't cost too much!

     
  • At 3:37 AM, Blogger shareen said…

    I definitely get stuck in the breakfast rut! But it's only because I love my breakfast. :) I normally eat 1/2 cup granola and 1/2 cup all-bran buds with with strawberry yogurt and some sort of fruit cut up in there. I loved it the most in the summer when strawberries were in season--it was so great. Now I try bananas which is alright, but not as good. And I try to have a boiled egg with it too...the protein makes me stay full longer.

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Jen L said…

    Raisin bran is where it is at. And of course I know who you are.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER