| 9.06.2006 |
| Back to School |
Something about September always excites me. I suppose I am a nerd at heart and love the idea of going back to school. It always feels like a fresh start to a new year. I am happy to put summer behind me and begin my third and final year at college. The I will officially be a Child and Youth Worker. I started my new placement on Tuesday, and I have to say I am enjoying it so far...I also should mention that I have not met any of the children so I really don't know what I have enjoyed yet. I am working in a day treatment program for kids age 9-12 who have learning disabilities and behavioral issues (ADD, ADHD, OCD, PDD, ADRGEDTEGERGHESDGEW etc.) that prevent them from being successful in a regular classroom setting. (Side note: It really bothers me when kids are labeled with something, but it seems to be the thing to do these days). So, these past few days I organized files, washed shelves, organized games, vacuumed and called parents. I have to say I am pleased with the fact that I actually called people I didn't know. Erica can attest to this, because I would make her call places even to ask what time they were open till, because I hate calling people. BUT I have overcome that fear and am a pro at it now! I hope that this placement will give me lots of experience with leading groups on life skills and social skills (teaching kids how to survive in society) because I think this is something I would like to do more of.
This picture has nothing to do with my post, but I saw this ship when I was at Ontario place this summer. I thought of my dad, so I took the picture. See dad, it is a big ship. Also, blog entries with pictures are always more fun.
One more side note. I just used spell check and they are telling me blog is not a word! I find that funny. |
posted by Hillary @ 8:48 PM  |
|
| 5 Comments: |
-
I think a lot of the kids in vauxhall have eieio
-
hill - hi. i just wanted to tell you that i read your blog and that i like you.
-
Hi Hillary. That is a big ship, it's look might fine. And making phone calls to strangers, somethings do change! Hope this week goes well. Missing you and loving you, Mom
-
Hi Hillary, I thought it wast itme to check up on you and see whats going on! Wow! 3rd year! How time flies! I am proud of you for picking up the telephone! Clarke used to pay Amy to phone his paper customers to tell them that there would be no paper that day if the papers did not arrive! Good to know that some things do change. Wishing you a wonderful year and can hardly wait to see you in Oct. love, auntie rose
-
horray for back to school! school supplies! i am glad you are excited. love you. leah
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
I think a lot of the kids in vauxhall have eieio