A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
8.20.2006
Lions and Tigers and Bears- Oh My!!
I apologize for my lack of postings. It is not like I have been so busy, but more like I have no idea what I can write about. Camp is over, and for this I am very happy. It was an interesting summer, with lots of different challenges and times of stress. Maybe I can share them another time.
One thing that makes me smile about is the day I spent with the youngest group of campers- the 5 and 6's. Normally I place myself with the older group or the misbehaving group, so this was quite a bit of fresh air. I took them on a walk and convinced them that they were on a secret mission. They were so cute when I told them that we had to be extra quiet because the houses we were passing had lions in them. I have never seen them so quiet. But it gets better. We walked passed a yard that had vines growing in it, and it sort of resembled a jungle. I told them that there was a tiger in the back corner. At first they said they didn't see it. I kept insisting that there was one in the back, and the other leaders joined in. Soon, one child said "wait, I see it!" Then the others joined in. They all agreed that there was a tiger in the corner and they should take their hands off the fence. One boy kept saying "I don't see it." The other kids told him to look harder. This made me laugh. We then went to McDonald's for icecream. While we were eating I kept telling them to be quiet because we were in a restaurant. One little boy asked me if lions could get through doors. I had no idea what he was talking about, but soon realized that he thought I was asking them to be quiet because lions were outside and they would hear them. I then had to explain that we were only using our imagination, and there were not really lions. But it still makes me smile to think about them creeping down the street and looking at the 'tiger.' So cute!
So, now I have some time off, which is going to be wonderful. I have nothing planned, and I know it will go quickly. Today I saw the movie "Little Miss Sunshine." It is a great little movie that made me laugh a lot. See it if you have the chance.
posted by Hillary @ 8:24 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Hillary - cute story! We sure missed you this weekend especially when we enjoyed our Milk River swim! Be sure to get some much needed R&R during your two weeks of free time. Love, mom

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Erica said…

    i did a new post last night.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Hills, Boy, I bet you are happy to be done with camp! That requires such a huge amount of energy. God has been real good to bless you with so much! So, 2 weeks to lounge? Sounds divine. Perhaps you should try to accomplish one small task everyday - of course I'm one to talk! Ok, Hillary, I love you a ton, wanna go to the beach today? Muffins and apples!!!
    Auntie Rose

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER