| 7.03.2006 |
| Tinfoil, Fireworks and Couch covers |
I have had a really relaxing, hot weekend. Surprisingly, the ghetto tinfoil on the windows does make a difference, and it could be a lot hotter in here. I feel the need to recap my weekend, so all of you can know exactly what I did. Saturday, July 1st: I worked till 5 and then Mike and I met up with Tim and Suzi for dinner. We had falafels, which is always enjoyable. It began to rain, which is not so good, but we went to the beach anyway. The rain stopped. I said it would, Mike, being the pessimest of the group, said it would not. I was right. I had to ask the second cup lady for a garbage bag, so we could sit on the sand. The fireworks were nice- pretty normal for fire works, but still enjoyable.
Sunday, July 2nd: I went to church, and the sermon was really good. Pastor Bill talked about serving. I was reminded yet again that power comes from serving, and in order to be great, I need to serve. The them for summer camp this year is "YOU GOT SERVED." I felt that the sermon was a reminder for me before the summer starts, where I will need to serve my team and the kids and the families. The summer shirts for camp have a quote from Martin Luther King Jr. It says "Everybody can be great, because everybody can serve." I like that quote and the truth that it speaks. I sometimes get so wrapped up in the position I have as director, and think that my power lies in that position, but that is not true, and if I lead by serving others, I will see true power.
Monday, July 3rd: I met my friend Yasmin for coffee today. She is my friend from school, and we had a good catch up visit. I then came home and did laundry, cleaned my bathroom and mopped the floors. I feel very productive. I also finished sewing the covers for my couch. I have to say that I am very impressed with myself, and I only had to rip out 4 seams through the whole project. I think the final outcome is pretty great. Check it out:
|
posted by Hillary @ 5:59 PM  |
|
| 6 Comments: |
-
looks great hillary! I tried to sew a one-piece slipcover for a chair of my parents once, and it was very interesting.....not something I would jump at attempting again. But yours looks very good :-)
-
Holy Cow Hills! Looks great - better than I expected!
-
hills-ary, i am impressed with you! looks great!!
-
Oh wow Hill... who said you couldn't sew or do crafts? Right on, it is a huge improvement and looks great. love mom
-
Wow Hills! Aren't you sumpin'? And you can sew too! Good work. the couch looks mauv..elous. I love the way you write stuff and every time I read something from any of you cousins, I am reminded that you are all great writers!! Don't stop now, ok? You know I love you, wanna go to the beach? auntie Rose
-
when did you get a real coffee table?
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
looks great hillary! I tried to sew a one-piece slipcover for a chair of my parents once, and it was very interesting.....not something I would jump at attempting again. But yours looks very good :-)