A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
6.11.2006
Groceries!
I just got back from grocery shopping. I made a list prior to going, like any good grocery shopper should do. Going through the store I must have gone off track a little bit, but I still thought I was in a reasonable budget. I made sure that I got lots of fruits and veggies, and I have to admit that I was enjoying myself immensely as I walked through the aisles. I got to the check out and began unloading the food. As the cashier is scanning my goods, I am busy packing stuff. Then, out of my complete shock, she tells me how much I owe. My thoughts are "What the hell! How can that be?" But I handed over my debit card and paid, finished packing my stuff and began walking home. All the way home I was laughing out loud at the amount that I just paid. Usually we (my room mates and I) pay half of what I paid today. I still think this is funny- I am one person and I bought more food than when I live with 2 others. I am still laughing at this! So, after my big splurge I can enjoy mangoes, sweet and salty granola bars, frozen yogurt, baby carrots, cucumbers, bagels, bananas, peanut butter, and a whole bunch of other stuff that will be yummy. I am determined to make sure I enjoy every last bite to ensure that I get my money's worth. I am also thinking that I won't need to go again for awhile, nor can I afford too! Well, here's to good food and a good laugh.
posted by Hillary @ 6:10 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Jessi said…

    Hi Hill!!
    You're talking to Chrys on the phone right now.
    I have grocery envy... I need to do some major shopping, but can't afford to until Friday, oh well.
    I heard about your new 'acquisition', way to go!! can't wait to see it!

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "I've made a huge mistake"

    Guess which tv show that's from.

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, the joy of the full fridge and the cupboards loaded up. Good for you and for sure, enjoy each and every bit of it for soon enough you will be right back at the store! Love Mom

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger Chryslyn said…

    ummmm. Maybe we need a lunch date hun. Thanks for the phone call today i really appreciated it. Love ya!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER