A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
6.04.2006
A Lull??
I wish I could tell you all a great, hilarious story about my life, but I seem to have hit a lull. Really, I am grasping for anything that might be remotely funny. So, instead of some great, captivating story, I will give you little tidbits of my week. Here they are:

1. Yesterday I was sitting on a chair in my dining room, and the leg fell off! It was bound to break soon, as the bottom supports were already falling out. If anyone knows where I can get some cheap chairs, that would be appreciated, as all the others are probably going to break soon too.

2. During work on saturday I got to play house with the girls, and I was told that I needed to be Phillipe, the father. My daughters name was Franchesca.

3. I taught sunday school today, and we were talking about the importance of reconciliation (a word that I had to teach them first). At the end of the lesson, I encouraged them to think about someone that they need to reconcile with, and most of the boys said that they needed to reconcile with me because they talked the whole time. I am not sure if that is what I was looking for, but it worked.

4. At youth group on friday we played Missing Persons, where people were located along Queen Street and the youth were given their photo and had to find them. One of our leaders stood on a corner in his swimsuit and a lifejacket with a fludder board and a sign that said "Pacific Ocean or Bust." The strangest part was that that isn't so odd for Queen Street.

5. I start work tomorrow at UrbanPromise. We will be planning six weeks of summer day camp. It would be cool if you(whoever you are) could pray for us, as we need ideas and creativity as we try to make our plans exciting and fun. Also, that as we plan the Bible lessons, that they would be relevant and interesting to the kids and that it would encourage them to want to know Jesus.



I thought I would throw in a photo. This is a giant billboard at Yonge and Dundas Square. The people actually move, appearing like they are eating the chocolate. It makes me want some!
posted by Hillary @ 3:52 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER