A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
5.18.2006
A Prairie Road Trip
I just came home from a wonderful visit with my friend Carla, who lives in Regina. I met Carla at Briercrest Bible School. We became immediate friends, and even though we spent lots of time together we vary rarely bugged each other. We spent one summer living in the ghetto of Regina (yes, there is a ghetto). A lot has changed since that summer- I live in Toronto, Carla is married, owns a house and has a baby, but even though all of that has changed, our relationship is still able to be what it always was. We laugh and eat ice cream and talk about things that do not need to be mentioned here.

My drive to Regina was long and hot, but oh, how much I love the prairies. I like how the land looks so smooth and the sky is so large. I like that the highways are empty and the towns are spread apart. I had the music turned on, my hair blowing in the wind and a sweaty back from not having air conditioning, but it was definitely worth the trip- not only for the scenic ride, but for the wonderful visit.


Reasons why I love Carla:
-She served me angel food cake with strawberries for breakfast (unfortunately I did not get a photo, but it looked heavenly and tasted great)
-She is up for most anything, and you would think that a 2 month old baby would hold her back, but it doesn't
-Sometimes she laughs really really loud at things that are not particularly funny to anybody but her
-She makes a big deal about things that are important to her
-She has the most beautiful little baby (I would still like Carla if Memphis wasn't around) and she is a good mom and wife to Robert, who I have not mentioned, not because I don't know him but because this visit was not about him.
-She is honest and has information that is very useful to me

It was fun to be back in Regina, and so good to see my friend again. Carla, thanks for the wonderful visit and all the salt water taffy, which did melt in the heat of the car, along with an apple that tasted more like a baked apple due to the heat of the car.

I love you.

posted by Hillary @ 11:54 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you had a great time with Carla...and Memphis sure is adorable!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER