| 5.22.2006 |
| Weekend at Waterton |
My family went to Waterton National Park yesterday. This is a beautiful park in southern Alberta that combines prairie and mountains into a wonderful blend of creation. The mountains just sort of begin as the prairie ends, and I believe that you really have to see it with your own eyes to grasp the beauty of it. We went to Cameron Lake, which was completely frozen-- I was in shorts and sandals. The weather here is so odd. It was 25 C and there were still snow banks! My dad thought he would be cool and waded into the ice water (literally ice water). You can find the pun in that sentence.  We had a BBQ there and then some ice cream. I think it is a tradition for all people to go to Waterton and have ice cream. If you go and do not get any, please know that you missing out and perhaps even a little slow. Another exciting thing was that we saw TWO BEARS! This was especially delightful because we NEVER see bears. In fact, as I child I used to think that my dad was the ultimate bear repellent, because everybody else would see them, but we never would. But, we did. And they were great- sleek and shiny and looking like bears. One was brown and one was black. We also saw a moose, some coyotes, mountain sheep and a bald eagle. Oh, and a Mountie.
|
posted by Hillary @ 7:11 PM  |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
cool pics hillary. I hope you are having fun in Toronto... love ya lady
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
cool pics hillary. I hope you are having fun in Toronto... love ya lady