| 6.14.2006 |
| Look What I Made! |
I spent the most of my day finding activities that kids can do while at day camp. We have an activity that used to be called Hodge Podge, but we changed it to Discovery. Mostly because most kids know to despise Hodge Podge so now that the name is changed hopefully we can trick them into thinking it is new and cool. Like the time we had about 80 cases of Kool Aid Lemonaide and we put food coloring in it so they thought they were getting a different drink, because getting lemonaide for 17 days straight gets sort of boring. So, I found 23 activities for Discovery that I think are pretty darn exciting. The only problem is that they never turn out like in the pictures. For example- Mr. Dressup always made the coolest stuff ever, and then when you would try it at home it would turn into a diaster..even the most artistic kids projects looked bad. Why do they make projects so difficult? I think my favorite activity so far is a game that the kids make to play. You need a die and pieces of felt to resemble the parts of a pizza (crust, sauce, cheese, toppings) Each number on the die represents a pizza option..1 would be crust, 2 would be sauce, etc. The kid needs to roll a 1 first to get the crust, and build his pizza from there. The first person to build a whole pizza is the winner. I want to get pizza boxes for all the kids, which will be tomorrows project... "Hi, my name is Hillary. I direct a summer day camp for kids that live in low income housing. We are a non profit organization and are wondering if you could help us out. We need 40 pizza boxes for an activity we are doing with the kids...no, not pizza's, but pizza boxes. Would you be willing to donate them to us?" Perhaps after about 8 pizza places I will have enough. If any of you have any better ideas on how to get FREE boxes, please let me know! |
posted by Hillary @ 4:13 PM  |
|
| 5 Comments: |
-
Hill if I had a box for you I would give it to you! love mom
-
Speaking of Mr. Dressup, the CBC has said that they will no longer be showing Mr. Dressup. It's a sad day for children's tv.
-
tis a sad day indeed. how will future generations learn that by putting on a different jacket and a hat people won't recognize you?
-
They won't learn I guess. Nor that you don't need glass in french doors or how to use 4 straight lines to draw a bunny that's running away from a dog. Devastating really. What a typical comment from mom. All I can suggest is what you already wrote, so my only tip would be to wear comfortable shoes.
-
put on a great big smile. I hope people are nice so you don't have to grovel too much! Love ya girl. p.s Did I hear Mike is looking forward to visiting lethbridge?
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
Hill if I had a box for you I would give it to you! love mom