| 6.30.2006 |
| Knock Knock |
Today was the last day for all our planning. Did I get pizza boxes? Nope. Do I think we are ready for our first day of camp? Nope. Is our room nicely organized? Yep. I realized that I have a hard time delegating because I like things done my way, and when they aren't done the way I envisioned it, I am not as pleased with it. As a director, this has to change. I am slowly learning to let things go. I think it is a process. Tomorrow is Canada day. Today in the paper, someone wrote a letter to the editor saying that Canada Flags should not be flown because we didn't make it in the World cup. I am pretty sure that Canada flags are flown because it is Canada Day and has nothing to do with the World cup- Canada doesn't even have a team! Sometimes people are just stupid. Yesterday I sewed my first covering for my couch. I am so pleased with it, and when I am finished I will post some pictures. Erica, I even made a pattern first--trust me, you would be so proud! I think that is all I have to say. Happy Canada Day! |
posted by Hillary @ 4:26 PM  |
|
| 6 Comments: |
-
That blows me away - not the fact that you sewed something, the fact that you made a pattern! Good work! Did you use pins too? Did someone help you? I'm like you in the needing things my way...what bugs me most is when people go in my office and move my papers and take my pen and my stapler and then I can't find anything on opening day of camp. So that better not happen tomorrow. Anyway, have a fun day today - will you do something tonight?
-
Yes, I did use pins. And no one helped me!
-
Good work Hill on the couch project. Are you sewing by hand, or machine? I wish you well with the rest of the coverings. Hugs and kisses, mom
-
Hill, I guess I have more to say! No one said directing a camp would be easy. So just do your best, do it for God, love the kids like crazy and don't focus on how people don't do stuff your way. On the big picture it's not important and the kids won't care. I'm praying that the kids will see the love of Jesus through you and the other staff and that showers of blessings will refresh you. Keep up the good work, love mom
-
corallll! it is yet another year of camp for you! don't worry, i'm sure things will be awesome like it is every year. i'm praying for you guys and all the kids. i miss all of you! i hope i can visit one day! take care! sheena
-
nice, you added a link to Daily Dose of Imagery.
And the room is organized very nicely with a very efficient whiteboard system. It's very impressive.
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
That blows me away - not the fact that you sewed something, the fact that you made a pattern! Good work! Did you use pins too? Did someone help you?
I'm like you in the needing things my way...what bugs me most is when people go in my office and move my papers and take my pen and my stapler and then I can't find anything on opening day of camp. So that better not happen tomorrow.
Anyway, have a fun day today - will you do something tonight?