| 7.09.2006 |
| Here we go! |
At last the time has arrived...Tomorrow is the first day of camp! People keep asking me "Are you ready?" I reply with "Will we ever be ready?" Things I know for sure about camp are that kids are going to come and we are going to love them, even when it is hard and frustrating and when they are annoying or grumpy or when we are tired or distracted with things that don't matter. I have been thinking a lot about the theme for the summer "YOU GOT SERVED." I can't help but think that it is way easier to serve than to be served. A staff at UP challenged us to think about how we can let kids serve us. I am reminded of the times when I have brushed off a child when they tried to hug me because they were covered in paint or wet from a water game. Or the times when I have thrown away a picture they made me after they gave it to me because I didn't have a place for it. Or when I have told a child that I am too busy to hear their story, but that I will return soon and then never go back to them. These are all ways that a child could serve me, and so many times I avoid or brush it off as annoying, or bad timing. May tomorrow and the weeks that follow be full of opportunities where I am able to see and receive the gentle and pure gifts of children who are trying to serve. |
posted by Hillary @ 8:07 PM  |
|
| 3 Comments: |
-
Hi Hillary, Just want to say that I love you and will you be needing support this summer? Will you send a letter or should I just mail you a million bucks? I would have liked to write that in actual numbers, but I'm not sure how many zeros a million has!!! I do love the insight that you share. Keep up the good work. Praying for you this summer. and of course, I love you. auntie rose
-
Hey Hilldog... This is the first i checked out your blog! How fun, I especially like the pics from German people in Tdot. It looks so great to hang out with old UP friends. I agree--interns bond. I think it must be the mice? I wanna have a great trip to a sunny place over deep blue seas with intern friends. We can then post those pics and make the world wish they too were interns. Summer 07? I just watched the world cup. Go Italy! Love ya, Jess ps. good luck on the first day of camp! I know you'll be really great, the kids will be great, and God will be really great too. Plus Toronto has all those free pools, that's pretty great as well. Great.
-
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
Hi Hillary, Just want to say that I love you and will you be needing support this summer? Will you send a letter or should I just mail you a million bucks? I would have liked to write that in actual numbers, but I'm not sure how many zeros a million has!!! I do love the insight that you share. Keep up the good work. Praying for you this summer. and of course, I love you.
auntie rose