A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
9.20.2006
Bus Safety 101
A placement story...
Setting: Classroom table, with 8 chairs.
Cast: 8 boys, age 9-13.

Hillary: Today we are going to be talking about bus safety. Can anyone tell me why we are going to be talking about this?

Kid 1: So we can be safe and know the rules so no one gets hurt.

Hillary: Who rides the TTC? Do we see people on the buses pushing and kicking eachother, or running up and down the aisles?

Kids: No.

Kid 2: (Raise hand) We need to learn about bus safety so we can become socialized.

Hillary: That is a great answer! (Smile and nod, but continue to think about the fact that he has no idea what it means.)
posted by Hillary @ 9:17 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    I love your stories Hill - kids are so funny sometimes!
    See you in a couple weeks!

     
  • At 1:09 AM, Blogger Chryslyn said…

    hmmm socialized to the TTC. I think I need to join this class. Especiall when taught by the master. My fave Hillary.
    p.s. Erica informed me we are going all inclusive this spring.... Can't wait!

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    i invited chryslyn to our after school program

     
  • At 1:03 AM, Blogger Erica said…

    new post please!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER