A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
1.10.2007
Degrees of Separation
I am eating lunch at work today and my boss mentions that her daughter is going to Japan on tour. We all agree that is pretty cool, and then I realize that she means tour as in music tour. Another staff member asks if they are popular over in Japan. My boss says "Amy's band is popular over there." Then I start thinking--my bosses last name is Milan. My bosses daughter is Amy Milan!!! As in the lead singer of Broken Social Scene and Stars. I am immediately excited and say "I love Amy Milan." She responds with "You know who they are?" Yes I do. Well, next thing I know she says she will get me free tickets when they come to Toronto, which I think is in February. How sweet is that? Amy Milan's mom is my boss.
posted by Hillary @ 4:01 PM  
10 Comments:
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Jessi said…

    I don't know who Amy Milan or Broken Social Scene and Stars are.. what kind of music do they play??

    Were you the one who gave me the Sufjan Stevens recommendation??

    Anyway, that's a cool connection!!

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Hillary said…

    Yes, it was me who told you about Sufjan..at least I assume it was me. Do you like him?

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger Lung Lover said…

    OH MY GOODNESS. I love amy milan. Love love love love love Amy Milan. Her solo stuff is way better, in my opinion. I saw the Stars when they were in Calgary. It was pretty good, but I still love Amy Milan more by herself.
    Ann likes Sufjan a lot. She is obsessed in my opinion. He is growing on me. I really liked his Christmas music collection.
    My personal favorite is still Feist.
    Do you like Rachelle VanZanten? or KT Tunstall?

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Blogger Erica said…

    That's so cool Hill! Dan says it's kickass.
    We miss you! Can I come to the concert with you? Ok. Or I guess you can bring Mike...if he's done his chip that is. Should be by Feb.
    Well, I love you.
    I really need to post something new. On my blog I mean.

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger Joanna said…

    Hi Hillary! very cool discovery! you are so hooked up.
    i saw rachel vanzanten at the calgary folk fest - she was awesome!

     
  • At 1:11 AM, Blogger ~Nanc. said…

    That's funny. I was like... I don't know who this Amy chick is... so I head on over to itunes for a sneak peak listen... then I realize that I have one of her songs on my ipod! Itunes gave away Skinny boy sometime last year... I like it!

    I'm gonna check out those other ones too. Look at you hookin us all up with cool music!

    I would have thought the librarian's daughter would have a book club or something on her blog... but a music club... that is pretty sweet!

     
  • At 2:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have hear of both Amy Milan and Broken Social Scene but I couldn't name any of their songs. That's pretty awesome though. Way to score free tickets! Hahaha! Connections are the best..

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Hillary -well look at you! Aren't you something hooking up with your singer person's mom. Mom's rock,eh?
    I miss you and love you, mom

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Chryslyn said…

    That is so awesome!!! Way to put the puzzle together my friend. I have never heard of the band but i think i should do some googling. Also in response to your response to my blog. You know me oh to well. Was there panic? yes. Did i think for a second i wouldn't get up there and just kick it off? no.
    :)

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    i have no idea who amy milan is.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER