A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
1.18.2007
Calendars
I bought a new calendar for the new year. I always buy the calendar after January 1st because Chapters always marks them down with 75% off. In the past, I have had great luck with finding a nice calendar that I am proud to hang on my wall. This year, I was not so lucky. My choices were narrowed down to calendars with cats, calendars with dogs, calendars with Hilary Duff or Simple Plan and calendars that would tell me if I was a red neck... I found one that is made for kids, and you can color in the picture yourself. What I mean by this is that you can draw a picture in the blank space that is provided. At the time this seemed like the best option, but it is very boring. I am not sure if I can survive the whole year looking at blank pages, but I suppose it beats the alternative (Hilary Duff). The only upside is that it cost $3.00 and at least it has the months and days on it.
So tell me, what does your 2007 calender have on it? (And you will recieve bonus points if you have Hilary Duff)
posted by Hillary @ 2:24 PM  
11 Comments:
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    i have no calendar. altough the calendar in the office is John Deere (of course) and features "Frack the Cat". i don't know why John Deere chose to have an animal calendar this year. there is nothing worse than an animal calendar. especially ones called "Fluffy Puppies" or something like that.

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger abbott said…

    my 2007 calander is called the art of zen flowers and is filled with lots of pictures of orchids in arrangements with rocks and water and other zen like things. It's pretty.

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooo I would like your Calander Nicole! My office one iw of landscapes in Arizona. I have an uncle in Arizona and he sends one to us every year. I never got around to getting one for my house.

    Christy

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    mine was a freebie this year. I picked it up at the wholesale store I think. I applaude your 75% off work - that is always the best way to go. And nice work on avoiding the animal ones.

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dilbert and far side
    dad

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger shareen said…

    I too went to Chapters to pick up a calendar...and saw the leftovers. And just left.

    We still have the 2006'er hanging. Close-ups of roses. Not generally my first choice either. I usually try to hit up the calendar club place right after the new year and try to find a black and white photography one. Maybe I'll go out a-hunting again today. But I may just have to live with trying to figure out what the real date is...from last year.

    Hillary Duff is just going too far.

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Jen L said…

    Hillary I would love more information on that Justice thingy. You can e-mail me iffen you want. My address is joy_again@hotmail.com

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My calendar is free. It has pictures from places around the world taken by the employees of Agilent.

     
  • At 2:35 AM, Blogger ~Nanc. said…

    I had a calendar similar to the one you're speaking of I think. It was made by Crayola and you had to colour it in yourself each month... I thought my kids would get right into it... but they didn't really... so it kind of sat blank sadly.

    This year I worked hard and got my name in at Telus... so now I'm the proud owner of one of those fun telus ones with all the cool nature patterns... that aren't all that natural... but mostly pleasing to the eye.

     
  • At 3:59 AM, Blogger shareen said…

    Alright, I found a genuine "Calendar Club" store today and took a peek. The 2006 calendar just wasn't cutting it. So, there was a vast array of puppy calendars, and crazy celebrity ones (I've already told you about the line I will not cross)...and yet, when it came down to it, the ones I narrowed it down to were Elvis, Jazz Photos and Grey's Anatomy. Until at the last second I saw a "Challenge Inspirational" calendar (you know where they have the sports pictures with the headings like "confidence" or "success" or "determination" and then a quote underneath) - Craig really likes those prints and has always wanted a lot in his future coaching office so I figured this could do double duty...calendar and then we could frame the ones we like for his office. And thus ends the calendar saga. You are now up to date (pun defininately intended!). :)

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I bought mine in Calgary, but only for 50% off. It's extra-long, with old travel posters of Italy. Very inspiring.

    For yours, you could always print out a picture for each month - either one you've taken yourself, or something cool from the internet. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER