A Nickel for My ThoughtsA Nickel for My Thoughts
 
You would think that for someone who loves to be the center of attention, I would have started one of these a long time ago!
2.01.2007
Frustration
I just returned from a class on ethics, values and boundaries. I realized that the post that was previously here probably should not be there due to confidentiality. I struggle with this because I like people to see what others have to deal with, but realized that it is better to not say anything. So, I deleted it. I just got back for Ryerson University to drop off my application for my undergraduate degree starting in the fall. I hate filling out forms and doing the whole application process. I stood in line, got sent to another line, which sent me back to the same line, where I found out that they actually could do nothing for me because I did not have a money order or certified check. I HATE when that happens. Blah. So, now I feel frustrated and do not want to go to a bank, so I will procrastinate even longer to apply. And why do they need $70 anyways? I am feeling frustrated, so I am posting this photo, because it makes me happy. I wish my life was as simple as it was when this photo was taken. (I am the one on the right, my cousin Amy is on the left.)
posted by Hillary @ 2:51 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger Leah said…

    love the picture. a classic.

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is the CUTEST photo. I think I actually said "Ohhhhhhhhhh....." all sappily when I saw it. I wanna go back there too. Somedays life just seems too complicated - and believe me, this was definitely one of those days!!! You'll get yourself back to the university line up when you are good and ready.......i would dearly love to sit and have coffee with you!

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger abbott said…

    you're going to ryerson in the fall? Cool. What are you going to take?

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Hillary - oh my, that picture made me smile. So Cute!
    I don't think you posted anything inappropriate, but if in doubt then delete.
    Good Luck on your Ryerson saga - one of these days you'll have the time, the right form, be in the right line up and have the right money. You can do it!
    Love, Mom

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Mel T said…

    ah ... university bureaucracy! Nothing quite beats it, eh?

    My favourite: I technically didn't finish my MA until November, so the UofC needed to send new official transcripts to McGill after the ceremony. I send in the form and the money, which they took straight away, and then they didn't send the transcripts! McGill holds my paycheque whilst I make frantic calls to Calgary. Turns out the UofC put the wrong code on my file or something. Nice. :S

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI Hills, Just checking in with you as I was missing you. don't worry, be happy!! Forms and cheques? It'll all work out. I do love that picture! I too wish life was that simple again, so divine, so lovely to be on the beach with our little beach snack! But you know that was all part of your training- to make you what you are today. love you like muffins and apples! auntie rose

     
  • At 1:59 AM, Blogger ~Nanc. said…

    Sorry I've been silent for so long! I'll try to post soon. I guess life has gotten busy on me or something!

    I have a similar story to Mel's crazy one. Get this I officially graduated last April from a certain College that you also know well, but I had handed in my last few independent study courses the Dec. before. Now this January, over a year later and after my diploma is proudly sitting on my mantle... they are coming after me saying they want me to pay another $1000!! What the heck!! Apparently the prof. misplaced those papers until now... I say it should come from his pocket!!

    Are you really sure you want to be connected with an institution!?!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Here I am

Name: Hillary
Location: Toronto
See my complete profile
Before
Way Before

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER